Andrew Tate, the controversial former kickboxer who became a social media influence, and his brother Tristan have lost their appeal and will remain in custody in Romania on charges of human trafficking and rape, affiliate Antenna 3 reported Wednesday. Reported.
Antenna 3 reported that the brothers will remain in Bucharest police custody until February 27. The decision of the court is final.
Romanian police raided five homes on December 30 and arrested the brothers and two other suspects.
They allege that the suspects formed an organized crime syndicate with the purpose of human trafficking, which stretched from Romania to the United Kingdom and the United States.
Authorities allege that the two suspects misled the victims “to believe that they intended to enter into a marriage/sanitary relationship” while driving them to Romania and later using physical violence and coercion. Sexually abused them.
Authorities also alleged that on two separate occasions in March 2022, one of the accused raped the victim. ).
On January 25, the brothers protested their innocence after being taken in for questioning and having their electronic devices confiscated for analysis.
“There is no evidence in my file because I have done nothing wrong. Everyone knows I am innocent,” said Andrew Tait. As he was taken to DIICOT headquarters, he added: “Justice in Romania. do not have.”
Ioan Gliga, one of the Tate brothers’ lawyers, told reporters at the time: “We believe the evidence is in favor of our clients, clearly not against them.”
DIICOT said in mid-January that Romanian police had searched 12 properties as part of their investigation. Romanian authorities have also seized assets worth about 18 million lei ($3,942,700) belonging to Andrew Tate, including motor vehicles, luxury watches and cash in several different currencies, according to the country’s asset recovery and management agency. in accordance.
Andrew Tate is known for his online viral rants about male dominance, female subjugation and wealth. He openly advocates violence against women, and was previously banned from every major social media platform until Elon Musk reinstated his Twitter account after taking over the company.
He came to the fore earlier this year, with many adults, including school teachers, raising the alarm about his wrongful sexual ideas that have taken root in the minds of countless young boys. Before it was taken down, her TikTok account had garnered nearly 11.6 billion views.
Read full article here