Book Club: The Next Chapter is a romantic comedy film released in 2023, and the movie’s soundtrack features an impressive lineup of songs from various artists. The soundtrack was released on May 12, 2023, and it has already started gaining attention from music lovers worldwide. Here is a rundown of every song and when it plays in the film.
- “Blinding Lights” by The Weeknd – This song plays during the opening credits of the film.
- “Say Something” by Justin Timberlake ft. Chris Stapleton – The song plays when Vivian (played by Jane Fonda) is on a date with Arthur (played by Don Johnson) at a jazz club.
- “Levitating” by Dua Lipa ft. DaBaby – The song plays when Sharon (played by Candice Bergen) is on a date with Tom (played by Andy Garcia) at a fancy restaurant.
- “Good 4 U” by Olivia Rodrigo – This song plays when Diane (played by Diane Keaton) is getting ready to go on a date with Mitchell (played by Richard Dreyfuss).
- “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)” by Lil Nas X – This song plays when the ladies are out clubbing.
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley – This song plays when the ladies are dancing at a wedding.
- “Put Your Head on My Shoulder” by Paul Anka – This song plays when Vivian and Arthur are slow dancing.
- “Just My Imagination (Running Away with Me)” by The Temptations – This song plays when Mitchell and Diane are slow dancing.
- “To Love Somebody” by Bee Gees – This song plays during the end credits.
The soundtrack features a mix of old classics and contemporary hits, making it a perfect mix for fans of all ages. The film’s music supervisor, Sue Jacobs, did an excellent job of picking songs that perfectly fit each scene, enhancing the overall cinematic experience.
In conclusion, Book Club: The Next Chapter soundtrack is a must-listen for fans of romantic comedy films and music lovers alike. With its eclectic mix of songs, it’s no wonder the soundtrack is gaining popularity just as quickly as the film itself.