Two Arkansas men admit to having STIs after admitting to hospital after raping six-year-old girl
- DeMarcus George, 27, of Little Rock, Arkansas, and Mario Waters, 33, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit rape and conspiracy against a 6-year-old child.
- According to authorities, an unnamed 6-year-old girl was taken to hospital in February 2018 with symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases.
- The hospital doctor decided that it was highly unlikely that a criminal had contracted the disease and that many people were involved in her rape
- The girl told the FBI investigator that she had been raped by two men in the middle of a hotel room with a screen and a picture hanging on the wall.
- Officers were then able to locate the hotel and found the financial records that the girl’s mother rented the room a month after the rape.
- Blood and urine tests revealed that George and Waters had the same sexually transmitted diseases
- He will be sentenced at a later date and faces a life sentence
DeMarcus George (pictured) pleaded guilty Wednesday to raping and trafficking a 6-year-old girl in February 2018. He joined his co-defendant Mario Waters, who pleaded guilty a week earlier
Two Little Rock men have pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit rape and sex trafficking four years after a 6-year-old girl was sent to hospital with sexually transmitted diseases.
According to the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Arkansas, DeMarcus George, 27, entered a guilty plea in federal court Wednesday afternoon, sending a 6-year-old girl to hospital with a sexually transmitted disease. Diseases he had at the time.
He joined his co-defendant Mario Waters, 33, who pleaded guilty a week before.
In their plea agreement, they admitted that they had had intercourse with a minor and said they were involved in trafficking her and others.
The guilty pleas effectively cancel their jury trial, which begins Nov. 15.
US District Judge Brian Miller is now expected to sentence the two men at a later date. He faces life in prison.
According to authorities, an unnamed 6-year-old girl was taken to Arkansas Children’s Hospital in February 2018 after it was determined she had been diagnosed with sexually transmitted diseases.
Hospital doctors determined that it was unlikely that the child would get the disease from a single person, and that there could be multiple culprits in her rape.
The girl was later interviewed by the FBI, and the two men – later determined to be George and Waters – claimed to have raped her.
George (pictured) and Waters are sentenced at a later date. He faces life in prison
According to authorities, the girl was sent to Arkansas Children’s Hospital with symptoms caused by sexually transmitted diseases. Tests revealed both George and Waters tested positive for sexually transmitted diseases in the girl
She described how rape occurred in a hotel room with a screen in the middle of the room and a picture hanging on the wall.
With that explanation, law enforcement officers were able to identify the hotel room in Little Rock.
The company’s financial records show that the baby’s mother rented a room in a hotel in March 2018 and paid with a credit card. Since then the baby has been removed from the mother.
Police officers later obtained search warrants for George and Waters’ blood and urine and determined that they had tested positive for sexually transmitted diseases in minors.
“The unspeakable crimes against this child remind us of how important it is for law enforcement officers to be willing to investigate and stop these horrendous acts,” said US Attorney Jonathan D. Curtis after George’s guilty plea. Ross said in a statement.
He noted: ‘These guilty pleas prevent the young victim from rehabilitating her experience at the witness stand at the trial.’ To aggressively pursue those who commit these miserable crimes.