Fitness expert Denise Austin hasn’t slowed down since turning 60.
The 65-year-old fitness icon shared a stunning photo of herself in her kitchen in a yellow crop top that showed off her toned abs on Tuesday.
“With all the rich food, sweet treats and festive cocktails that go along with the holiday season, it’s not uncommon to feel a little more bloated this time of year!” Austin commented on the post. help relieve that feeling and keep the bloated belly at bay. Some are as simple as eating more slowly and avoiding sugar substitutes.”
He added on his blog: “Although it’s not clear why [sugar substitutes] can cause bloating, avoid them if possible. Not only to keep your stomach flat, but some studies show that eating low-calorie artificial sweeteners actually makes people gain weight.”
FITNESS ICON DENISE AUSTIN, 65, AND DAUGHTER KATIE MODEL BIKINI FOR FITNESS SHOW: ‘PROUD MOM’
He also advised against chewing gum, which can cause “a lot of air intake” and bloating, and reminded people to drink enough water as it “helps to remove excess fluid from the body”. Swallowing through a straw also makes people bloat with too much air, he said.
However, be sure not to drink a lot of carbonated drinks, as the bubbles will “seep” into your stomach.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE MINDFUL NEWSLETTER
He also suggests controlling salt intake, and finally reminds people watching their weight to include some exercise, which can be as simple as walking around the block.
“Sometimes just exercise gets things moving in the belly,” she said.
For those looking to settle their stomachs after a heavy meal, Austin recommends mint or ginger teas, or sipping hot water with lemon, which “can help soothe a very full stomach (as well as nausea).”
She adds that for women over 50, “regularity can be a challenge,” “so in addition to fiber-rich whole grains, include other fiber-rich foods like beans and legumes, broccoli, berries, and avocados.” start adding too,” he said. in his blog, writes the Daily Mail.
He adds that “turmeric, salmon, olive oil, and even dark chocolate” can promote heart health, reduce inflammation, and help maintain a healthy weight.
She also suggested eating more plant-based foods.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO GAME NEWS
“To help keep your heart healthy, at this point in your life, you can start replacing animal protein, such as red meat, with plant-based protein,” he writes. “Consider meatless bean chili, lentils in your salads, or fajitas with tofu instead of steak.”
She told the Daily Mail that she eats “smaller portions” and “I cook very healthy meals for my family. Lots of salads, chicken tacos, veggie lasagnas, less cheese casseroles.”
But she said she only eats 80% healthy and “the other 20% I’m bad”.
The workout video maven added that she always makes time to work out, which not only helps her keep the weight off, but also “feels good.”
“I feel energized after walking, endorphins are released, which helps with stress, anxiety and overwhelmed feelings,” she said. Daily Mail.
Even busy people can find time to exercise, he said.
“If you can exercise for 10 minutes at a time and you do it three times a day, you’ve exercised 30 minutes a day.”