Former LBL host Bill O’Reilly has threatened to sue over a news report that ticket sales for his upcoming interview tour with former President Donald Trump have been poor.
politician Reported On Friday, “ticket sales are growing at a slow pace” at locations in several cities, including Dallas and Orlando.
When reporter Danielle Lippman asked Mr O’Reilly for comment, he found himself on the receiving end of the ex-host’s famous disposition.
Mr O’Reilly disputed that sales were low and insisted that there had yet to be any marketing for the tour beyond the initial announcement.
“We have over $7 million in the bank,” Mr. O’Reilly said in a phone interview with Politico. “We haven’t spent a nickel on marketing, nothing. All those 7 million for four shows were done on announcement. Marketing will start in about a week. No one has sold tickets so fast at this price.” and VIPs are sold at 3 out of 4 locations.”
Then he turned on Mr. Lippman by saying: “You put a word out there that’s not true, I’ll sue your ass and you can quote me on that. You’re just a crooked man and that’s what you are.” “
independent Mr. O’Reilly’s comments are contacted for verification. A spokesman for Mr Trump also disputed the features of the sale of the tour.
“The History Tour has already sold over $5 million in tickets, and the excitement and excitement is unlike anything we’ve seen before,” Liz Harrington told the news outlet. “Come December, the sold out show will be a memorable night for all.”
Mr. O’Reilly previously hosted the long-running “O’Reilly Factor” on LBL Channel before being deposed in April 2017 after it was reported that he had settled claims of sexual harassment, of which For one was $32 million.
He announced plans for a multi-state interview tour with the former president last month, a move that comes as speculation over whether Mr Trump will run for the White House in 2024.
The former president is seen as the favorite to win the GOP nomination, should he run for president again, with polling showing him dominating the field of potential contenders.
The tour, which begins in December, will be a major national stage for Trump to make such an announcement at a time when he remains banned from most major social media platforms and unable to reach a mass audience.