At least three officials have been handing out documents in response to subpoenas from the House Committee investigating the attack, organizing and conducting the rally on January 6, before the violent storm of the US Capitol.
11 organizers and staff have been given a Wednesday deadline to turn over documents and documents as part of a deadly coup committee investigation that identified the most serious breach of the Capitol building since the war of 1812. The Committee on Separate Deposits is scheduled to launch by the end of this month.
Other subpoenas have also been given up The White House Officers and Trump Advisors including Mark Meadows, former White House chief of staff and adviser Steve Bannon Who has so far refused to cooperate, is at risk of being accused of contempt.
Among those responding to Wednesday’s deadline was Lyndon Brentnall, whose agency was hired to provide event security that day. “All documents and communications requested by Sapoyena have been handed over,” he told the Associated Press.
Two longtime Trump campaign and White House staffers, Megan Powers and Hannah Salem, listed the Jan. 6 rally license as “Operations Administrator for Schedule and Guidance” and “Operations Administrator for Logistics and Communication” or provided documents or plan to do so.
Powers, who also served as the campaign director for the Trump reelection campaign, intends to provide the requested documentation and meet with the committee – although it is not clear what form such meetings will take, according to a person familiar with her response, on condition of anonymity.
Brentnall has previously said that his firm has “every intention” of following the selection committee. “As far as we are concerned, we are conducting security in a legally permitted event in conjunction with the US Secret Service and the Park Police,” he said.
The committee said it was part of an effort to gather information on the “planning, organization and funding” of the Jan. 6 rally. The election was defeated and the January attacks.
A committee spokeswoman declined to comment Wednesday about the responses received and how many of the 11 have been complied with.
It is unclear whether the subpoenaed others intend to cooperate.
They include Amy Kremer, founder and president of the pro-Trump group Women for America First, the event’s main organizer; Organizer Cynthia Chaffian, who filed the first license for the rally; And Caroline Wren, an experienced GOP fundraiser, who is listed as a “VIP Advisor” for the Jan. 6 rally on Licensed Paperwork.
Also on the list is Maggie Mulvaney, the niece of former top Trump boss Mick Mulvaney, who now works as director of finance operations for the Trump campaign and is now a congressional staffer; A former Trump campaign official Katrina Pearson The committee says it is “involved in the organization of the report” of the rally on January 6, and the previous day was short; And Tim Younes of Justin Caporale and Event Strategies Inc., according to the committee, are allowed to do the paperwork on January 6 as the project manager and stage manager of the rally.
Nobody responded to multiple requests for comment.
Two additional organizers, Ali Alexander and Nathan Martin, and their “Stop the Steel” have also been subpoenaed for records, which will be presented on October 21.
Alexander wrote in a Telegram post on Monday that the committee was “inciting people in bad faith.”
“Can this selection committee be fake?” He said. “Everyone is waiting to see what I do.”
The committee said two top Trump officials – Grassroots and former Defense Department official Kashyap Patel – were “engaging” with the committee, though it was not clear what it would involve. It is also not clear whether or not Don Scovino Trump is a longtime social media director and one of his most loyal aides.
Committee members have said they are ready to fight for evidence and use the courts to do so if necessary.
Many rioters, who rushed to the Capitol on January 6, tried to stop President Joe Biden’s victory certification, marched to the National Mall after attending at least part of the Trump rally, where he repeated the unfounded claims of electoral fraud and demanded the crowd “fight like hell.”
State election results were upheld by the state authorities and upheld by the courts. Trump’s own Attorney General, William Barr, said there was no evidence that would change the outcome of widespread voter fraud.
Nine people were killed during and after the attacks, when Trump supporters tried to break into the House Chamber and were shot dead by police.
Smith reports from Colvin from New York and Providence from Rhode Island.