Twitter has announced that Linda Yaccarino, an advertising industry veteran, will replace Elon Musk as the company’s new CEO. Here are five things to know about Yaccarino and her appointment to the top job at Twitter.
- She has a long history in the advertising industry: Yaccarino has spent more than three decades working in the advertising industry, including a long stint at NBCUniversal, where she served as Chairman of Advertising Sales and Client Partnerships.
- She’s a digital advertising expert: Yaccarino has been recognized as a leader in digital advertising, and has played a key role in the development and growth of new ad formats, including programmatic advertising and advanced targeting.
- She’s committed to diversity and inclusion: Yaccarino has been a vocal advocate for diversity and inclusion in the advertising industry, and has worked to increase the representation of women and people of color in leadership positions.
- She’s focused on innovation and growth: As CEO of Twitter, Yaccarino is expected to prioritize innovation and growth, building on the company’s strengths in real-time communication and social media to create new opportunities for advertisers and users alike.
- She’s excited to take on the challenge: In a statement announcing her appointment, Yaccarino expressed enthusiasm for the opportunity to lead Twitter at a time of rapid change and innovation in the industry. She pledged to work closely with the company’s team and partners to drive growth and create new value for users and advertisers alike.
Yaccarino’s appointment comes at a critical time for Twitter, as the company seeks to build on its recent successes and maintain its position as a leading player in the social media and advertising industries. With her extensive experience in advertising and her focus on innovation and growth, Yaccarino is well-positioned to lead the company through these challenges and into a new era of success and growth.