New York woman pronounced dead, starts breathing hours later

A Long Island, New York, woman who was pronounced dead at a nursing home started breathing again after being taken to a local funeral home, according to reports.

Fox station WNYW According to the report, the 82-year-old woman was pronounced dead at 11:15 a.m. Saturday at Waters Edge Rehab and Nursing Center in Port Jefferson, New York.

A New York woman who was pronounced dead started breathing again two hours later, while at a funeral home.
(Fox News)

At 1:30 p.m., she was taken to the O. B. Davis Funeral Home in Miller Place, New York, and at 2:09 p.m., she started breathing again.

Iowa woman mistakenly pronounced dead ‘gasping for air’ at funeral home

After that, the woman has been shifted to the local hospital.

The New York State Attorney’s Office is investigating the incident.

An Iowa funeral home faced a similar situation early last month, and is now facing thousands of dollars in fines.

Morgue with empty shelves

Morgue with empty shelves

According to a report released by the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals on February 1, 2023, a 66-year-old woman had been a resident of Glen Oaks Alzheimer’s Special Care Center since December 2021.

3-year-old Mexican girl reportedly wakes up at her own funeral, dies hours later

The facility now faces state violations that could result in fines of up to $10,000.

Crew members noticed that the woman’s health was deteriorating and she was pronounced dead on January 3 when crews noticed that “her mouth was open, her eyes were clear, and there was no breathing sound. “.

After arriving at the funeral home and notifying the family, a licensed nurse practitioner and funeral home director placed the woman’s body in a body bag and sealed it. Both officials said there were no signs of life.

At the funeral home, a staff member opened the bag, saw the woman’s chest moving, and she gasped for air. The funeral home called 911, and when responders arrived, they were able to record a pulse and breathing.

She returned to the care facility and died two days later with her family by her side.

Luis Cassiano contributed to the reporting of this story.

Read full article here

Related Articles

Latest Posts