The sexual harassment charge against Diplo has been dropped.
Earlier this month (July 8) Diplo was accused of sexual assault by a woman who alleged that he forced her to have oral sex and recorded it without her consent.
as reported Rolling stone, As someone who has seen documents related to the case, the charges against producer-DJ (real name Thomas Wolsey Pentz) have now been dropped.
In a statement released through her attorney Joe Ortuno, the woman said: “In light of the evidence and after consultation with my lawyers, I have decided to withdraw my lawsuit. No payment was offered or requested. I’m sorry to file a lawsuit.”
Diplo’s lawyer, Brian Friedman, later told Rolling stone: “As we said when we first learned of this trial, there was absolutely irrefutable evidence which proved that the allegations contained therein were false.
“As we shared a lot of evidence with plaintiffs’ attorneys, they realized they needed to withdraw their case immediately.”
As per the documents received by TMZ Earlier this month, the woman alleged that the incident occurred at an after-party at one of the Major Lazer star’s Las Vegas shows at Wynn in 2019. The woman claimed that Diplo gave her and other attendees weed and alcohol.
The woman alleged that Diplo invited her to his private room after the party and that her security team punched one of her male friends in the face when they started throwing people out and he refused to go without her.
She then further alleged that Diplo told her that she could not leave until he performed oral sex on her, claiming that there was no other way out of the situation. She also alleged that Diplo filmed the encounter without her consent.
Friedman said in a statement: “This clearly false claim … has caused great damage. While that damage may never be completely undone, we are pleased to see that this lawsuit has been subject to prejudice.” with has been rejected.”
A separate lawsuit was filed against Diplo on June 24 alleging that a woman recorded their sexual encounter without her consent and then later leaked the footage. Rolling stone.
In response, Friedman said: “These latest false claims are just one part of that ongoing campaign of harassment, and we will not allow them to completely deter him from pursuing justice against him under the law.” This matter is ongoing.
Last week (July 11), the Baltimore Orioles baseball team announced that the upcoming Diplo postgame concert was canceled following sexual harassment allegations leveled against the DJ/producer.
For help, advice or more information regarding sexual assault, assault and rape in the UK, visit the Rape Crisis Charity website. In the US, visit RAINN.