We’re officially a week away from the start of spring training and there are plenty of storylines fans should keep an eye on as camp unfolds.
Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman discuss some of the most interesting stories they’ll be watching regarding what happens with Shohei Ohtani, rule changes and if Bryan Reynolds will be traded, among a few others.
His guest this week is former MLB pitcher and Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, father of Pete Mahomes Sr.
‘The Show’ podcast with Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman:
- Carlos Beltran back in Queens: Joel and Jon take a look at Carlos Beltran leaving the YES Network booth to join the Mets as a front office executive and whether there’s a way back to the bench as a manager.
- Spring Training Stories: How will Arte Moreno replace the Angels no-selling Shohei Ohtani sweep? Will the Pittsburgh Pirates trade Brian Reynolds? Is Aaron Hicks going to be the everyday left fielder for the Yankees? Joel and Jon review some spring training stories before camp opens.
Pete Mahomes Sr. Interview:
Former MLB pitcher
- Super Bowl 2023 Preview: With the Chiefs back in the Super Bowl, quarterback Patrick Mahomes has the responsibility. Patrick’s dad, Pete, talks about how his son is feeling with the big game on the horizon and whether or not he thinks his ankle will be a problem.
- Destined for Greatness: Pete talks about watching his son play sports growing up and when he realized that Patrick could be a really good quarterback in the NFL. He also discusses Patrick’s multi-sport days in high school and why he eventually gave up baseball for football.
- MLB Playing Days: Later, Pete talked about his days on the show, spending several seasons with the Minnesota Twins and New York Mets, and recalled the story of bringing Patrick to Shea Stadium to shag fly balls as a kid.
Read full article here