Former World Cup star Christian Utso has been found alive after being buried under the rubble of an earthquake in Turkey.
Christian Utso was taken off injured. Our sporting director, Taner Sawat, is unfortunately still under the rubble,” Mustafa Ozat, the 31-year-old vice president of Turkish Super League team Hataspur, told Radio Goal.
Ozat had earlier told BeIN Sports on Monday that several players and officials had been rescued from the rubble after the 7.8-magnitude earthquake, which has left the death toll at around 5,000 in Turkey and Syria.
Utsu, originally from Ghana, joined Hattiesburg on loan from Chelsea in September after playing in the Premier League for Newcastle United and Everton.
The former Newcastle United winger scored in just the last minute to send his Turkish side to victory on Sunday.
He was last selected to play for Ghana in 2019 and featured in the 2014 World Cup. In 2015, he won the best player award at the African Cup of Nations.
His team is based in the southern city of Antakya, which has been devastated by a powerful earthquake.
Read full article here